|[ Screenshots | Download | CVS]
| XmmsFind is a small
plugin for the X Multimedia System
that enables you to quickly search for a file in the current playlist,
and at your command, play it.
The plugin is very similar to the built-in "jump to file" util, but
it is launched by an external command so the window will pop up
regardless of where the XMMS window is hiding.
For example, you can use another program to launch XmmsFind with
a keyboard shortcut or button on an extened keyboard.
It is released under GPL so just download and try it.
Give feedback to
Isak Savo and
| How it works:
|XmmsFind is started when it is enabled
from xmms (preferences->effects/general plugins). This will only
initialize the plugin, the searchwindow
is not shown until xmmsfind_remote is launched.
The remote program simply tells the plugin to show the search window
and then exits.
When the main window is shown, simply enter the words you want to
search for (you can also use a regexp) and the list will be updated with the matching files.
To play a file, simply hit enter and it is played! If you want to
make the song play after
the currently playing song, just hold down control while pressing
To enqueue all songs in the current searchlist, simply hold down
shift while hitting enter.
|Beepfind 0.5.2: Finally Released :-)
- Ported Xmmsfind to the Beep Media Player and GTK2
- This version requires BMP 0.9.7
|Version 0.5.2: BUGFIX!!
This is a must if you want to use list enqueue in 0.5.x
- Fixed lockups and crashes caused by list enqueue
- Fixed list enqueue for when smart enqueue is off to not produce duplicates
|Version 0.5.1: Some nice tidbits
- Added feature to remember the search window size.
- Fixed issues with some window managers that caused the window to always
pop up on the same desktop.
- Centering the search window by default can now be disabled.
- Added support for multiple xmms sessions.
- Added information about keyboard shortcuts under Gnome and KDE.
|Beepfind almost ready
Xmmsfind 0.5.0 has been ported to the Beep
Media Player. It works with the current CVS version of Beep and will be
relased as soon as Beep 0.9.7 is released (hopefully soon). You can grab
Beepfind from CVS.
Note: This will not work with Beep Media Player 0.9.6.
|Version 0.5.0: Bunch o' Stuff
- Added support for Xmms' built in enqueue system
- Added enqueue buttons to the main window
- Changed the matching options. Now matches against Title/Filename and Directory Path
- Some bug fixes
|Version 0.4.7: Some
got some new patches from you users. The first is
from Jason Collier and it allows xmmsfind to stay open when a new song
The second is from Raf Haesen wich improves the way "smart enqueueing"
|Version 0.4.6: another speed-up fix
Got a patch from Luis Rosa (for email info, see changelog) wich can
make xmmsfind skip getting the id3-info from xmms and just
display the filename in the searchwindow.
This could improve the getting of the playlist if it's large! Some
layoutchanges to the config window was also made.
|Version 0.4.5: Speed-up fix.
It seems that xmmsfind is really slow with large playlist (couple
of thousands), so I added an option that will force xmmsfind not
to re-get the playlist from xmms each time it lauches!
Note that this is only useful if the playlist doesn't change at
all. between launches
A manual refresh can be done by hitting F5 or ctrl-r anytime.
The first launch of xmmsfind will always get the playlist!
|XmmsFind currently does the following:
What xmmsfind might do some day
- Launched as a plugin when xmms starts
- Configurable from within xmms
- Get current playlist from xmms
- Case-insensitive-multi-word search, with regular
- Plays selected song
- Option to enqueue file instead of playing it
- Option to control what xmmsfind matches the searchstring with. (Title and/or Filename)
- Force an enqueue if user hold "ctrl" while pressing enter.
- When enqueing, option to remember the position of the last enqueued song.
- Enqueue all songs in the list if "shift-enter" is pressed
- Option to select if xmmsfind should re-get the playlist from xmms upon every launch.
- Option to select if xmmsfindwindow should be closed after
- Perhaps have more search-options. For instance:
- Match specific id3 tags
- Ability to select what to match in realtime (i.e. the
string "%a metallica & %g rock" will match all rock
songs by metallica)
- You tell me...
|The latest version of Xmmsfind
and other releases can be downloaded from The sourceforge
|You can browse the CVS
Or, to checkout the entire source, simply follow these instructions.
Screenshots: (Old, new ones coming sometime soon.)
Main window (v0.3)
Config window (v0.3)
Main window (v0.4)